Blended universal queue, more appropriately known as the universal queue (UQ) refers to an advanced concept in contact center design. As per this concept, multiple communications channels (such as telephone, fax, and email) are integrated into a single queue to standardize processing and handling. In other words, the universal queue is essentially a combination of email, chat and other data enabling universal queuing along with call blending.
1. Universal queue system provides a single unified workflow which integrates all the various trouble tickets, CRM cases, mobile, social and traditional channels into a singular entity so as to eliminate improper handling of customer issues.
2. This highly efficacious system allows the customers to opt for a communication channel of their choice. Thus, people who do not wish to talk over a phone call can use email or another such channel of communication while the ones who are comfortable with calls can directly talk to the agents for query resolution.
3. Blended universal queue system provides improved cross-channel flexibility. This further results in an enhanced user experience leading to a higher customer satisfaction.
4. As far as the business agents are concerned, they can leverage the universal queue to gather valuable insights and information available across the various channels. This may help them manage their customer care workload more effectively.
5. The universal queue system helps in increasing the productivity of an organization by providing the facility of optimizing work patterns of its employees according to the operational requirements of the center.
6. It facilitates a smooth delegation of work among the agents according to the customer priority, availability, and their individual skills. Moreover, this technology is capable of identifying as to which of the channels need precedence over the rest of them, based on the individual priority.