Well, relating to the present scenario, there is no such thing as important as data. Live chat provides you with an additional layer of data to your current tracking and attribution tools.
The data which you are gathering basically varies according to the platform but it commonly delivers the following:
- Referring link : This is the link that has directed the customer at your site. You can use it efficiently to gauge what they might be interested in or to initiate the conversation if they have not yet initiated.
- Operating system and device : This makes you aware if your customer is viewing your site from a mobile, tablet or a desktop and even the operating system they are using. This entire information helps you to customize your support according to the technology that your customer is using and also promote important products and services.
- Active or idle : Here you are able to find out whether your customer is sitting idle or reading pages, basically he is moving his cursor or not or scrolling.
- Time on site : You will be able to monitor for how long the customers has been at a particular page and does he requires some help or not.
- Number of visits : It monitors how many times the visitor has been on your site or is there someone new. There might be repeat visitors who are there checking the status of their products or services and this itself is a good opportunity for your agents to pro actively start a conversation.
- Number of chats : This lets you confirm whether this is for the first time, the visitor is chatting or if he has been served before by your chat agents.
- Location : Using the IP address the majority of the chat platforms will let you know the city and country, the customer is interacting from.
Hence despite giving the ultimate customer service, live chat also gives you loads of relevant data!
For live chat contact us