There is nothing as important as too much data. Live chat leverages you with an additional layer of data to your existing tracking and attribution tools. The data which you have differs according to platform. In general live chat delivers:
- Referring link – This is the link that directs the customer to your site. You can use this as a filter to what they might be looking for and to initiate the conversation if not yet initiated.
- Operating system and device – This gives you the information that whether your customer is viewing your site from mobile, tablet or simply a desktop. It also lets you know about the operating system that they are using. This also helps you to customize your support as per the technology your customer is using and also to promote relevant products and services.
- Active or idle – you can easily find out whether your customer is reading pages or is idle which implies that he is not oving his cursor or scrolling.
- Time on site – This lets you know whether your customer has just made an entry or has been there browsing for some time and therefore requires some help.
- Number if chats – This makes you aware whether this is the first chat or whether the visitor has been served before by your agents.
- Location – The country and city from which the customer is chatting can be made out by using the customer IP address.
For live chat contact us